If you’re a marketer, you know that video is huge right now. Video demonstrations, tutorials, explainers, and webinars are the most common business videos.
And if you’re not using video in your marketing mix, you’re missing out. Most people think of videos as a way to engage customers on social media, but they can also be a powerful tool for marketing SaaS products.
In fact, SaaS Big brands like Grammarly, Descript, ClickUp, LinkedIn, Rise of Kingdoms and more are using professional actors in their marketing videos.
By creating explainer videos that clearly show the features and benefits of your product, you can attract new customers and increase engagement with current ones.
Now, if you’re considering creating SaaS marketing videos, you might be uncertain if they are actually effective.
After all, producing and publishing a video is a lot of work (and requires a bit of investment too)! If you’re wondering what kind of results you’d achieve, check out the statistics below for some insights.
SaaS-specific video statistics
- 36% of consumers would like more educational or explainer-style content, and 14% would like to see more product demos. (Wyzowl, 2020)
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content on a landing page, which means that video can boost conversions by up to 80%. According to 97% of marketers, watching videos helps users better understand their brands. (Explainify)
- 83% of marketers say video generates leads, and 87% report that video usage has boosted traffic to their websites. (Wyzowl, 2021)
- The likelihood of closing a proposal for SaaS firms that includes video is 41% higher. (Proposify, 2020)
Video marketing ROI
- 90% of video marketers report a positive ROI. (Top Notch Cinema, 2020)
- A majority of salespeople report that video shortens the sales cycle. (Vidyard, 2021)
- The video marketing industry generates 66% more qualified leads. (PayPro, 2021)
- Video enjoyment is associated with a 97% increase in purchase intent and a 139% increase in brand association (Motion Source, 2014)
- 85% of potential customers purchase products/services after watching a video. (SaaScout,2019)
Video consumption by executives
- Watching videos (59%) is more popular than reading text among business executives. (HubSpot, 2020)
- The chances that a video email will be remembered are 13% higher than that of a text email. (B2B DecisionLabs, 2021)
- For synchronous video calls, a demo lasts an average of 29 minutes and accounts for 79% of the meeting time. (Zoom/Chorus, 2019)
- 70% of B2B buyers view videos before they make a purchase. (Explainify)
- The use of video in sales and customer conversations has increased by 93% since 2019. (Vidyard, 2021)
Video consumption by individuals
- Over 66% of respondents said they would rather watch a video describing a product than read about it. (Wyzowl, 2020)
- According to a study of 80% of audiences, 82% prefer watching live videos to reading blog posts. (Livestream)
- Videos under two minutes tend to be the most engaging. (SaaScout,2019)
- 60% of people prefer online video to traditional television. (SaaScout,2019)
- A video’s content prompted 82% of consumers to take action. (Wyzowl, 2021)
Video marketing adoption by businesses
- Companies are investing 53.1% more in video content. (SaaScout,2019)
- It is estimated that 33% of companies produce demo videos.(Renderforest, 2020)
- High tech, finance, education, and government will be more likely to create videos in 2020 than other industries. (Vidyard, 2021)
- 70% of businesses are producing more videos than last year. (Animoto, 2020)
- Video production in the retail and consumer goods sectors surpassed all other industries in 2020. (Vidyard, 2021)
Impact of pandemic on videos
- The COVID-19 pandemic is thought to have affected the habits of 68% of consumers who watch online videos.(Small Biz Genius, 2021)
- Video content has become increasingly important for marketing since the COVID-19 pandemic, according to 91% of marketers.(Small Biz Genius, 2021)
- The popularity of video content had already been rising even prior to the pandemic. By the end of 2021, Cisco predicts that 82% of all online content will be video. (Forbes, 2020)
- Most consumers, 63%, watch video content from start to finish in one sitting.(Forbes, 2020)
- Based on a survey, 40% of B2B sales representatives plan to alter their tactics to accommodate remote selling as buyer preferences collide with pandemic-related realities.(Forrester, 2021)
Social media video stats
- The views of a social media post increase by 48% when there is a video attached.(SaaSScout,2019)
- Those in business post 71% of their videos to social media, 63% to YouTube, 50% to their websites, and 11% to Vimeo.(Renderforest, 2020)
- Social media users are 75% more likely to follow a brand’s social media pages when they watch video content.(Renderforest, 2020)
- YouTube is watched for over a billion hours a day.(Renderforest, 2020)
- Over 83% of consumers worldwide prefer to watch videos on YouTube.(Renderforest, 2020)
- The number of people watching YouTube and YouTube TV on their TVs in the U.S. approaches 100 million each month. (Renderforest, 2020)
- Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook are the most popular social media platforms. (General News,2021)
- 39% of people are more inclined to buy a brand or product after seeing a story on Instagram. (Instagram, 2018)
- There are 95 million photos and videos posted on Instagram every day.(Instagram, 2018)
- By 2022, 25% of social media marketers plan to invest more in Facebook than any other platform.(HubSpot,2021)
- The average video post gains 135% more organic reach than a photo post.(Social Bakers, 2015)
- Approximately 100 hours of video are watched on Facebook every day. (Facebook, 2016)
- As of August 2021, TikTok is consistently ranked as the most popular website on the internet, beating Google. (Cloudflare, 2021)
- Sensor Data estimates TikTok’s app has been downloaded more than 3 billion times, beating Facebook’s record.(Being Guru, 2021)
- A billion videos are viewed each day on TikTok. (Tech Jury, 2021)
Enough proof that video works, eh?
With stats like these, it’s hard to argue against the effectiveness of video as a marketing tool. We hope these stats have helped convince you to start implementing this powerful tactic in your own digital marketing efforts.
If you want to get more sales with less work and time spent on your end, SaaS videos may be the answer for you. We know that it can be a huge investment to create videos for your company and we want to make the process as easy as possible.
Our team at eggcrate can help you create and promote compelling live-action video.
Our experts will work with you one-on-one to create the SaaS explainer videos tailor-fit for your brand. So if you want more trials, sales, and demos with high-quality prospects, let’s talk and hatch a plan!